Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Security or Liberty: A Logical Fallacy by Jim Fedako

Jim Fedako writes:


government, left to its own devices, provides neither liberty nor security.

Consider this: How many times has someone accosted you, hand on gun, who was not an agent of the state? For me, anyway, the answer is never.

Yes, armed agents have stopped me at roadside checkpoints, but no one else, locked and loaded, has harassed me on the roads. And there is something to consider about that truth.

To believe that the more the state threatens my person, and the more that the state invades my property, the greater my security is to believe the lie central to the state. And to watch fellow countrymen harassed, only to assume that the state must have reason for its harassment is to turn backs on the very same rights expected to protect us in the end...

Liberty provides security, not government.


Security or Liberty: A Logical Fallacy by Jim Fedako

No comments: