Friday, November 28, 2008

Channel Charles Murray, Bryan Caplan | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

Excellent questions from Bryan Murray. I've been wondering about this too.

Almost everything I do at work these days I learned on my own in the last seven years via reading on the web (thank you, Google) and used books and CDs I bought, mostly from "half.com".

Sure the seven years of college probably laid some sort of foundation, but at what a great cost.


In your view, why precisely does the market financially reward students for taking lots of classes that at best seem distantly related to job performance?

If you mentally review your years as a student, can you honestly say that your typical class raised your marginal productivity?


Channel Charles Murray, Bryan Caplan | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

No comments: